Skip to the content
- Look@LAN Network Monitor – “World’s Faster Network Monitoring software”, it allows you to monitor your LAN or your network.
- MoWeS – (Modular Web Server) a complete Apache webserver that can run from a USB stick (or hard disk). Contains preinstalled software packages, including PHP and mySQL. Company is now defunct. Software is available via many mirrors if you trust them. Download link here is hosted by an acse member. Download zip file to desired installation location and extract; then run mowes.exe to install. Installation complete when MoWeS program window open. If program says “Apache not running” you likely need to configure MoWeS to use a different port (instructions to configure for different port)
- OSWD – Open Source Web Design – free templates for web pages
- Alice – An innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web.
- Build Your Own Blocks – An extension of Scratch that allows users to create procedures, create multi-dimensional lists, perform recursive calls, and much more while still using a drag-and-drop visual IDE.
- Eclipse IDE – A popular, open source (free) IDE. See wikipedia for further details.
- DRJava – Java IDE that allows lines of Java to be run interactively
- GameMaker – “Start building your own great games in no time”
- BlueJ – Java IDE that shows a project as a UML class diagram
- Netbeans for BlueJ – The collaboration of the NetBeans and BlueJ teams has resulted in the development of a new version of NetBeans: NetBeans IDE BlueJ Edition
- Processing – Processing is an open source programming language and environment for people who want to create images, animations, and interactions. Also a great language for Arduino programming!
- Scratch – Create and share your own interactive stories, games, music, and art.