Note: The website is in transition. Until it is complete the old website content can be found here.
The Association for Computer Studies Education (ACSE) is a non-profit province-wide professional association dedicated to supporting Computer Studies and Computer Technology education in Ontario. Our mandate is to provide multi-faceted support for educators and students by:
- providing a unified voice for Computer Studies and Computer Technology teachers;
- improving information sharing across the secondary level;
- facilitating dialogue with colleges and universities;
- facilitating dialogue with business and industry;
- creating new opportunities for teacher training; and
- supporting the development of teaching resources.
ACSE supports teachers through the provision of conferences, summer institutes, and on-line resources. ASCE also interacts with organizations such as the Ministry of Education and the Ontario College of Teachers on key issues such as:
- teacher certification;
- opportunities for in-service and upgrading;
- resource allocation; and
- the development of curriculum resources.
ACSE is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization that draws its membership from Computer Studies and Computer Technology educators, encompassing high schools, colleges, and universities.
Becoming a member of ACSE is free — just fill in this form and we will send you an invitation. Fees are charged for the annual conference only.