The Association for Computer Studies Educators (ACSE) on Ontario is a volunteer-run organization that draws its membership from Computing Education communities across the province. The group includes members from: elementary schools, secondary schools, and colleges/universities.
ACSE supports teachers through its conferences and its online moderated discussion group.
There is no fee to join ACSE. Membership simply requires the completion of a form indicating your role in Computing Education.
ACSE members represents the priorities and interests of secondary school computing educators with the Ontario Ministry of Education and the Ontario College of Teachers on key issues such as:
- teacher certification and additional qualifications;
- in-service Professional Development (PD) opportunities;
- development of curriculum revisions and educator support resources;
- ACSE also maintains an active membership within the Ontario Teacher’s Federation (OTF) Curriculum Forum
Our mandate is to provide support for educators and students by:
- improving information sharing between: secondary Computer Studies and Engineering teachers and elementary teachers implementing computing education in their classroom;
- facilitating computing education dialogue and information sharing with: colleges/universities, industry partners, and non-profit partners;
- supporting the development and sharing of teaching resources.